The financial health of every business depends on accurate and timely accounting and bookkeeping. Accounting is the study of interpretation, classification, analysis, summarization, and reporting of financial data. Financial transactions are recorded chronologically through a process known as bookkeeping. Hence, bookkeeping and accounting services are necessary for recording and keeping track of all financial transactions.
Regardless of business size, maintaining a consistent accounting routine is essential for the well-being of your company's finances. In order to complete the procedure, you will need to update the financial documents of your company. These documents are where your company keeps track of its business transactions, marketing expenses, bank drafts, payrolls, and other similar types of financial information.
Changing technology and the rise of digitalization have profoundly affected the dynamic field of business management, with bookkeeping and accounting services now being performed faster and more efficiently. In this article, we'll look at how the advent of new technology has altered the core of bookkeeping and accounting, as well as the advantages and disadvantages of these changes.
How Will the New Technologies Affect Bookkeeping and Accounting Services?
Accounting has reached new heights thanks to technological developments. Several ground-breaking technologies with the potential to completely alter the status quo in the accounting field have emerged in the previous few years.
Cloud computing is a significant technological development. The cloud facilitates instant access to resources like processing power and data. One significant advantage of cloud-based systems is that they automatically update all the data. Hence, both customers and accountants can always look at the most up-to-date figures. The cloud is integral to operating several cutting-edge technologies, including artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning, and the Internet of Things (IoT). Some of the benefits of cloud computing are:
- Accounting can be done more dynamically and adaptably while also providing real-time visibility and reporting to users across an organization.
- Information can be viewed from any location with an internet connection.
- Financial data is automatically updated, eliminating the need for manual updates and reducing the likelihood of a human mistake.
- Easy and efficient management of transactions involving more than one currency or company. It is also easily accessible and reasonably priced.
Blockchain is a decentralized digital ledger that enables the easy and secure exchange of cryptocurrency transactions between users. The potential for a new kind of accounting record is what makes blockchain appealing for accounting purposes. This record can be updated often and validated without the fear of manipulation or damage. Blockchain technology has several potential benefits for the accounting industry.
- Allows businesses to save time and effort by recording their transactions in a single central place.
- Eliminates the possibility of fabrication or destruction as all entries have been distributed and are cryptographically locked.
- Maintains data privacy and allows for completely automated audits.
- Saves money by lowering the price of bookkeeping and reconciling.
- Helps ensure that asset ownership and transaction history are clear.
- Allows auditors to add value to the organization in their spare time.
Accountancy businesses may look quite different in the future, thanks to advancements in Artificial Intelligence. Artificial intelligence (AI) is a revolutionary technology that has great potential and is rapidly automating human tasks. It gives a business an advantage over its competitors and makes it more productive overall. With the help of Artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML), formerly labor-intensive tasks, such as the entry and reconciliation of financial transactions, may now be performed mechanically. The benefits provided by artificial intelligence are as follows:
- Managing most of the activities associated with payment initiation and purchase order matching.
- Streamlining the process of entering and organizing large amounts of data will allow for quicker analysis of financial changes.
- Anticipating what challenges may arise helps you make decisions more quickly.
- Providing more valuable services like financial advice and the execution of business strategies.
Automation in the accounting industry
The accounting sector may anticipate significant changes brought on by the development of big data analytics. Changes in technology has made it easier to automate many of the manual accounting tasks. Some benefits of automation in the accounting industry are:
- Online filing of direct and indirect taxes is simplified. It streamlines the tax filing procedure for users.
- Accountants can focus more on generating reports that may aid in decision-making instead of ensuring their accuracy.
- Debt collection has become more automated. It sends a reminder and a copy of the invoice to the borrower before the due date.
- Using payables processing software improves the transparency and efficacy of financial reporting.
Perks of Using New Technology in the Accounting Industry
1. Real-time data
With the development of technology, any data in real-time can be accessed at any moment. Accounting software allows data verification in real-time, expanding the scope of modern bookkeeping's use in businesses.
2. Automated Process
Manual, error-prone calculations performed by a bookkeeper are replaced with a streamlined, computerized process. Each transaction can been digitized using modern technology, which allows significant time savings.
3. Bulk Corrections
In the past, if a mistake was found in the accounting records, the person in charge of the accounting process will have to update the whole dataset. This problem is resolved by modern accounting systems, which permit retrospective bulk updates.
4. Effective communication
Connecting with others and exchanging messages efficiently is made more accessible by modern technology. Video conferencing has made it possible for accountants and bookkeepers to interact with their customers outside of the office.
Challenges that New Technology Brings to Accounting and Bookkeeping
Though businesses benefit from incorporating software and technology into their infrastructure, there are some negatives associated with it as well. This list includes:
1. Lack of trained staff
High costs and a lack of experienced professionals are holding back the use of Machine Learning in the United Arab Emirates. Automation isn't simple to use and requires the completion of specialized training courses.
2. Improved competencies for accountants
Businesses investing in AI can redeploy their accountants for data and trend analysis tasks. However, it is the responsibility of businesses to train their employees to cope with emerging technology. This can significantly impact the company's capacity to generate profit and expand.
3. Hit on the job market
The emergence of new technologies can be a terrible news for the accounting and bookkeeping employment market. Fewer available jobs will force more individuals to go jobless without a proper income.
Despite the drawbacks, automation is rapidly becoming the preferred production method for many companies.
Is it true that modernization has benefited the field of accounting?
Humans created technology, and they are its master. Technology development is beneficial because it allows people to focus their efforts where they are most needed. In addition to these advantages, technological development also allows for customization and personalisation.
Bringing it all together
With the pace at which technology advances, it is hard to predict how the environment will evolve in the years ahead. Advances in automation and AI, as well as emerging financial technologies like blockchain, are expected to influence the accounting industry in the near future. In the United Arab Emirates, accounting services will benefit from the expansion of technology, but people will still be required to oversee the resulting technological upheaval.
Take the stress out of accounting and bookkeeping in the UAE by trying our innovative technology from Fortius Consulting Services. Our solutions are designed to make your life easier and help save time and money. Try it today and see the difference we can make to your business.